Hi, friends! Today, I’m going to let you peek into my planner! I currently use the Vera Bradley 2015-16 Student Agenda in the print “Pixie Blooms”. I bought it at my school’s bookstore. Here’s how I use my planner to stay organized and to keep track of due dates, appointments, and goals.
I write down my schedule on the “Schedule” page of my planner.
In the past, I’ve forgotten whether my class was at 12PM or at 12:30PM. During times like these, I’m glad I can just flip over my planner and make sure I’m at the right place at the right time.
I use the “notes” page at the beginning of each month to write down my goals for the month.
The Monthly View
- I include appointments, student organization meetings, important semester dates (such as the add/drop date), class cancellations, blog posts, assignment due dates, and test dates. I use a different color for each class/activity.
- I highlight really important assignments like tests and papers.
- At the beginning of the month, I go through each of my syllabi individually and write in the important dates of the class for that month for each class. (I don’t write down ALL the dates at the beginning of the semester because due dates can change as the semester goes on.)
- I use it as a daily “to do” list.
- I highlight items that have to be carried over to the next day (that’s why nothing is written on Wednesday, because there were two items carried over from Tuesday).
- At the end of the day, I start adding tasks to tomorrow’s to do list. That way, when I start studying tomorrow, I’ll already have a plan laid out.
- I try to write things down in the order of priority.
Color Coding System
- I use a different color for each class, and a different color for each other activity/commitment (church, for example).
- Green, red, purple, orange, and black are classes.
- Blue is my blog.
I hope you all enjoyed peeking inside my planner! This organization system helps me keep track of what I have to do and when, and it ensures that I don’t miss any due dates.
How do you organize your planner?