Hey! My name is Aly.
I am a college student majoring in Biology, and I love it. Aside from science, I am passionate about writing. I started this blog to pursue that passion. I am an avid reader, journaler, beginner guitar player, goal setter, dog lover, and Disney/Marvel/DC Comics fan (I may or may not be in love with The Flash).
On Welcome to Aly’s World, you can expect to find posts about college life, organization, and self improvement. Some of my most successful posts are:
- A Peek Inside My Planner
- Bullet Journals vs. Traditional Planners: Which One Should You Choose?
- How to Break the Habit of Comparison
Welcome to Aly’s World exists to help you become the best version of yourself that you can be. I believe the continual journey of self improvement is not the belief that you will never be good enough. Rather, it’s the belief that everyone has an untapped potential that contains the power to contribute something great to the world, and improving yourself is the key to tapping into that potential. My hope is that through these posts, you can continually better yourself and become the best you you can be.
While you’re here, I hope you learn something, whether it be a self improvement technique or a goal setting tip. I want this place to be focused on the sharing of knowledge: from me to you, and from you to me. A “two way knowledge street”, if you will. So please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with me through leaving comments on posts or through e-mail. Getting feedback from readers always makes my day!
Read on, and Welcome to Aly’s World!
Here are some of my favorite movies, TV shows, songs, and books!
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Jurassic World/Park
- The Avengers
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Big Hero 6
- Divergent Series
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Pretty much any other Disney Princess movie
- Despicable Me
- The Chronicles of Narnia (all of them!)
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
- DC Superhero universe (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl)
- Once Upon a Time
- Gilmore Girls
- The Vamps
- Before You Exit
- Christina Grimmie
- Imagine Dragons
- Tori Kelly
- Little Mix
- We the Kings
- Taylor Swift
- The Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau
- Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter
- The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen